Saturday, April 30, 2005

Wasabi Egg Salad Sandwich

Decided to finally try out that wasabi mayonnaise we'd bought.



I'm not really into wasabi, but Trustin is, so I got two peeled hard-boiled eggs, added a dollop of the flavored mayo, and smashed it all together with a fork.



I got some organic spring greens to go with it:



Mid-assembly:



Finally, in the recipient's hands:



According to Trustin, it was good, but the wasabi mayo was "stiff", meaning the spice was a little much. He said he felt like he was having sushi.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a friend who swears that the secret to her creamy egg salad (I've never tasted it) is peanut butter. I myself am partial to egg salad with green olives chopped up in it. But I think I may have to give the wasabi mayonnaise a try--maybe deviled eggs?

1:21 AM  
Blogger panamenya said...

Sounds like a good idea to me. Though be wary -- Trustin told me the wasabi mayo was a little too strong for his liking. And he likes his wasabi.

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home