Sunday, February 27, 2005

Diaper Frenzy

For the past three days or so, all I've been able to do is make diapers. They're newborn size, inspired by my friend Cathy who just finished sewing six newborn sized AIOs in a row.

Here they all are:

(inside view)



(outside view)



(all closed)



The pink cat one used to be a failed diaper project that I didn't know what to do with. Here's what it used to look like:



Here's what it looks like now, up close:







I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

This next diaper used to be part of a pajama pant.







The purple one was made from fabric Cathy sent me:







She has really good taste in fabric.

Just to show how tiny these diapers are, here's a size comparison. On the bottom is the Huggies Newborn disposable diaper that I made the pattern for the cloth diapers out of, and on top is one of my creations. They're both sitting on a "Parents" magazine.



Another size comparison. This time, my diaper is on a SIM City 3000 DVD box, and the Huggies newborn disposable diaper is next to it.



I'm becoming addicted to making these. I made two more today. They're not yet pictured. I'll probably go make some more right after I finish writing this. Unfortunately, I'm running out of elastic and Velcro, but it's okay. I probably need a break anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Fabulous job! :)

I know what you mean about becoming a diaper making addict though...

I saw some french fries and hamburger fabrics recently and thought... ooo... more food diapers!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diapers and chickens! You get to have all the fun!

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home