Friday, November 19, 2004

Gay and Straight PJ Pants

It's getting cold around here. This means I need PJ pants. So I pulled out my Simplicity pattern which promised me it would yield my size of drawstring pant, and whipped one up.

Here it is from the front:



Here's the back:



Perfect fit!

Unfortunately, that's TAC modeling it. This is what it looks like on me:



Yeah, I could take up the hem, but the crotch would still fit me like a balloon, and then no one in this house would be able to wear them!

The girl on the cover reassured me they would look like this:



Feeling betrayed, I decided the pattern was only a rough guide and not to be taken literally. I was determined to reduce the size of the crotch substantially, so I folded about an inch or two off the pattern top and shaved off another size down on all the sides. I then sewed with a generous 1/2" seam allowance for good measure.

I'd run out of pink flannel 'cause I'd used it all on making the first pair of PJ pants. Grrr. So I had to dip into my pink and white striped flannel stash.

Here are the new ones:



The crotch is well under control, though now a bit on the smallish side 'cause my panties have a tendency to stick out in back. The length is perfect, and this version (PJ Pants 2.0) has pockets! They are a bit low, but perfectly functional.



As for PJ Pants 1.0, they serve TAC well when he's kicking Half Life 2 alien butt.




1 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Pattern berayal! No! Fie! Foe!

Size issues aside -- I think TAC's pants look great on him even if it was more accidental than purposeful. Yours look good too. :)

You are so brave -- tackling pants! I'm so not ready to go there yet.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home